Journalist – Sanaa, Yemen
Date: March 12, 2013
Location: Sanaa, Yemen
Position Type: Full Time
La Voix du Yémen, an independent news website in French is expanding to include English and Arabic pages that will now focus more on social issues, culture and analysis than pure news. We are looking for a qualified journalist to join our small team. The journalist must work from the office and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Writing news articles, as well as analysis pieces.
- Assisting in photo and video reports.
- Assisting in translation between English and Arabic.
- Attending press conferences.
- Occasional travel within Yemen.
- Other tasks as needed
- At least two years experience in journalism, whether print or multimedia.
- Ability to interview people in a wide range of circumstances
- Knowledge of Yemen and past/current events
- Ability to build contacts and sources for use in stories
- Ability to fact-check the information given by a source
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory; French language is a plus.
- Basic photography skills are mandatory; knowledge of video making/editing is a plus
- Candidate must be able to work independently without much supervision and to take initiative.
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines for publication
- Candidate must be flexible with long working hours.
- Knowledge of WordPress is a plus.
Salary: $700 per month.
If interested, send a CV and an unpublished writing sample in English by March 27th 2013, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: applications for this position are now closed.Français
هذا المقال متوفر أيضا باللغة العربية